Willie's World

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Truthality Comes Out!

What's up Met fans, Willie here again after a nice little series win over the National League Washingtons. I was more than a bit upset by our loss Friday but our wins Saturday and this afternoon have made me feel a lot better about myself. Today's game in particular made me ecstatic because of the game-winning homerun by my boy Michael Tucker. Like I like to say, I have the golden touch, and I knew that sticking that guy out there would yield results.

Anyway, without further ado, I'd like to reveal the results of Pedro's investigation into who revealed the existence of my blog to MLB. But before I tell you, I'd like to discuss a number of other things. Firstly, a number of columnists in so-called "newspapers" are more than a bit doubting of our corner outfield rotation of Lastings Milledge, Endy Chavez, Michael Tucker and Ricky Ledee. I can't imagine why. When I think of those four guys rotating around the corner outfield positions, the only thing that comes to my mind is fear. By opponents. Of us. I mean seriously, c'mon! These are budding megastars and everyone's ready to dump them for nothing. One writer asked if Ricky Ledee wasn't entirely worthless, especially considering how he'd just been released by the Dodgers. But I pointed out that Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Willie Mays and even Albert Pujols were all claimed off of waivers from the Los Angeles Dodgers, so I was pretty sure picking up Ricky like we did was a good sign. That shut him up pretty good.

Secondly, if 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

Now back to the investigation. Pedro tells me that word on the street is that the man who told MLB about my blogs was NOT David Wright, but was in fact Jose Guillen! Now I know how difficult it was for Pedro to reveal this information to me, since he and Jose are such close friends, but I appreciate Pedro's honesty and loyalty to me. After the game, I sought out Guillen in the Washington clubhouse, but their manager Frank Robinson told me that Guillen had undergone "Tommy John" surgery a few days back and was rehabbing at his house. Now out of all the scummy things to do, faking an injury and going through the trouble of having surgery just to escape my wrath is pretty much the worst. But now that I think about it, it was a wise move on his part. No one wants to feel my wrath. Just ask Duaner Sanchez.

Anyway Met fans, it's off to another city for another series. (Mexico City I think.) Let's go Mets!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Magic number 32 and counting!!!!!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    goddam Jose Guillen that snitch!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    does this mean David Wright will not be sent down to AAA? you are making a mistake! a big mistake!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home