Willie's World

Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm Super Confident

What’s up Mets fans, Willie here again. We started off our second half well today, and I’m glad to see we’ve picked up where we left off. The truth is though, I wasn’t worried at all. I have a good feeling about this series. Let me explain why.

First of all, a new city means new night life, and that always provides us with incentive to find a reason to celebrate. Secondly, it’s the first series we’re playing after I watched the homerun derby. The homerun derby was, of course, when I first discovered that David Wright has power, and because of my superb observations skills that allowed me to pick up on this he’ll now be batting in the middle of the order. This should help us tremendously. Finally, I consulted my magic eight ball, and its response to my question, will we sweep this series, was “without a doubt.” I know I can trust my magic eight ball. It did, after all, answer the questions “can Kaz Matsui make a good cheesesteak,” “am I the handsomest of them all,” and “do you ever lie, magic eight ball” correctly. The answers to these questions, by the way, are, respectively: reply hazy try again, do I look like a mirror to you, and Signs point to yes although you should only trust Signs as much as you do aliens.

There is some bad news, Mets fans. There are a few new health problems in our clubhouse. First, Carlos’ knee is sore. Two, Pedro has a tummy ache. Three, Jose Reyes has a bad sunburn. I told Jose he needs to wear at least SPF 30 when he goes to tropical places like Pittsburgh, but sometimes he thinks he knows it all. As for problems one and two, I don’t really have an explanation yet. I have a hunch the problems arose from something that happened during today’s rain delay. I’ve accordingly sent Endy Chavez on a mission to find out the story. Normally I’d be able to explain what happened, but this time I can’t tell you what was going on during the rain delay because Jerry Manuel told me there were some HUGE puddles in the Wrigley Field parking lot that needed stomping, so that’s where I was as soon as the tarp came out.

Okay Met’s fans, the time zone difference is killing me and I need some rest. The Chicago bars will get their full dose of WillieTime tomorrow night. As the magic eight ball says, the outlook for things is good, so let the good times roll.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah man stop focusing on your fantasy team so much!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Willie,Where is Joe?No not Joe Torre.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said…

    Willie, thanks for the ball on Friday. See my blog for details. You're the man!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home