Willie's World

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

WillieTime - October Style

Hey Mets fans, Willie here, the new Willie, Willie 2.0, PLAYOFF time Willie. I’m feeling great. Actually, that’s not true. It’s the night before the first playoff game and I can’t fall asleep. I’m so nervous. Are we wearing the pinstripe uniforms tomorrow?? Or did Julio say the all white ones? I got to know which set to tell David to bring to the game tomorrow. I hope he had them dry cleaned like I told him to.

So this is what we’ve been waiting for. I think we got a good first round match up with the Lakers. I’ve got it all figured out. Jose Reyes will run the point, Carlos Delgado at the 2 guard, Carlos cool as Geltran as the small forward, and finally, Endy as the big man down low. Also, David Wright will be cheerleading. This postseason stuff is tricky, but I’ve put the work in and am excited to see my product out on the field tomorrow. Oh, and notice how I only listed four players. That’s because I’m saving everybody else to pitch in NLCS. Jose Valentin can only throw every other game, so that leaves some spots to be filled. Given the way my pitchers are dropping like flies these days, I’ve got to have as many people ready to go as possible. But that’s too much thinking ahead.

Let me tell you why El Duque hurt himself. One word: monkey in the middle. Yeah, it’s not that nice. Sure it makes people feel bad. But hey, I enjoyed it. So basically during our workout Monday I decided it would boost team moral if we all played monkey in the middle with Orlando’s glove instead of practicing the squeeze play (something we didn’t do all season long). Somewhere in between his sprint from almost getting the glove from Sandy Alomar to laying out to try to pick off my throw, El Duque tripped and hurt his calf. Oh well.

One a final note, I discovered that Willie Wonka had been impersonating me during our not so great stretch at the end of the season. You have nothing to worry about, I’ve recently had Tony Soprano fix that problem for me. (And he did for it for nothing in return!).

Anyway, big day tomorrow. I promise an update after every game, so keep checking back. Let’s go Mets!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    willie your awesome!
    can't wait for your updates.
    good idea with d-wright cheerleading.
    LETS GO METS!
    P.S. i want everyone to know just becasue i m willie fanatic #3 i m not inferior to fanatic #2 or #1 in anyway.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey #3. you suck. i am the biggest willie fanatic in the world.

    willie, please tell us why you pulled Maine so early. was he really getting tired or is it something we fans dont know?

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHAT A WIN!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home