Willie's World

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Six in the Mix

What’s up Mets fans, Willie here. I would just like to start by reminding all of you that these games don’t count anymore. We gave up the same number of runs in the last two days as honeys I’ve had since Saturday, so I’m not sure what to make of THAT correlation. I do believe a lot in numbers, and the fact that we gave up 12 runs on Tuesday and we lost by 12 today screams that we just might be screwed. 12 of course is 2 times 6. And 6 is obviously the number of one of the most sinister men alive, Steve Philips. I knew not making that trade for Harold Reynolds would come back to bite us! Now that Harold and Steve have figured out their chemistry (kinda like the Astros), Steve is able to use his super duper secret ancient voodoo (that Harold learned in the 1980’s) to make us lose by large amounts. It’s all in numbers. Remember, two sixes means we might not be screwed once, but twice. And 2 sixes two nights in a row is like 2 times 2, which my handy reference book tells me is 1400 in army time.

Also, some of you might have noticed that I had a heart to heart conversation with David at the end of tonight’s game. I even had my arm around him. He was pretty upset, and I can understand why. If somebody told me if my first trip to Disney World was cancelled, I would lose it. I promised David a couple of weeks ago that would go with the rest of the boys (since he’s been on decent behavior). However, Subway needs me to do some commercials the week we were planning on going, so I had no choice but to bail. I've also promised to make it up to David somehow. This, of course, is a complete lie. Actually, the whole Subway thing was a lie, too. I found out after I made these plans that Mr. Met and Mickey Mouse are archenemies! (much like Angel and myself.) I know, who would have thought? They apparently don't want it out in the public. In any case, loyalty to the team means making sacrifices. I hope David sees the lesson in all of this.

Everything will be okay though. Everybody will start to focus when the playoffs start in a few weeks. I’ll manage a good game. David will play a solid right field umpire. We’ll be set. As long as we don’t have to play those red hot Cardinals in the World Series. With a few games left, look for me to have some fun out there on the field.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello willie. you are the greatest.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    willie,
    what have you and the others been up to with all this free time you have

     

Post a Comment

<< Home