Willie's World

Sunday, October 15, 2006

What's Going On Here?

What's up Mets fans, Willie here. I'm awesomely excited about our win tonight. We really needed it. Let's go over a few things.
First, let me congratulate Jose Valentin on executing a practiced play perfectly. When he failed to tag out the runner attempting to steal for no apparent reason besides lack of ability, he gets the Cardinals hitters to fall into his trap. The very next batter, just as expected, grounded the ball to him thinking he can’t play any D – but of course they were wrong. I personally take credit for teaching Jose this concept.

Also, I bet some of you are wondering why I didn’t put on the grand slam play tonight. I did after all have about 19 opportunities to put it on in the sixth. If you remember from earlier in the season, Tony stole the signs for this play. As any good manager would do, I’ve given up on trying to outsmart the opposing manager. Instead I’m saving my energy to do more important things. Like what you say? Well, I’m convinced Saint Louis has some sort of night life, and I’m intent on searching for as long as necessary until I find it.

So game 5 tomorrow. Tommy Glavine will not be starting, at least I don’t think. Instead I think I’m going to call up Omar and ask him to put together a trade for Jeff Suppan. This is what I call a win-win-win situation. A) Glavine gets pushed back and has his full four days of rest. B) Suppan shuts down the other team (not us!) because he’s so awesome. C) We win the game because of reason B.

That’s all for now. Let’s go Mets!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i did my rain dance for you willie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home