Willie's World

Thursday, October 05, 2006

In Controller

What’s up Mets fans, Willie here, up 1-0 in the NLDS. It was a great game today. I was able to get a lot out of John Maine. Question: why did I take him out in the fifth? Answer: Somebody has to pitch games 3, 4 and 5.

So you may be wondering how on Earth Paul LoDuca turned a double play all by himself. Let me tell you what I think perspired. John Maine makes a bad pitch and as expected the ball is hit quite far. Then Grady Little, as excited as a kid in a Subway shop, accidentally hit the send all runners button on his Xbox controller. As we all know, this almost always spells disaster. For all of you who may not be familiar with the Xbox controller, it is essentially a mind control device designed by and named after a former Met named Xavier. I’m not an astrophysicist, but it essentially gives the manager control over his players. Now, since I’m old school, I don’t use such things, and I certainly don’t need one.

Speaking of making players do what you want, let’s talk about Mr. Mota’s at-bat. As an equal opportunity manager who lets players with last names starting with any letter of the alphabet hit Grand Slams, I sent Guillermo up there, put on the usual signs for the GS play, sat back and poured myself a Hennessey and Diet Pepsi. What I saw next was unfortunately not what I expected. No need to get upset though – I plan on giving him a chance to redeem himself in the near future.

That’s all for now, Mets fans. I really, really hope we win tomorrow. This way we can forfeit the two games in LA, have an awesome weekend in NYC, then play on Monday and get the needed third win. Think about how cost effective that would be. And then we could use that money replace the bat boys with robots. That would tremendous. Good night and lets go Mets!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Willie,

    What WERE YOU THINKING Letting Mota Bat???????

    I'm glad we won, but seriously, please don't do that.

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hurrray willie 2-0!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home