Willie's World

Monday, June 12, 2006

Philadelphia is an Ugly City

What's up Mets fans, Willie here again live from Philadelphia. As the title of this post suggests, Philadelphia is no New York. Fresh off a nice little sweep of Arizona, in which we were carried by our megastar Carlos Cool as Geltran, it's nice to be away from the stifling heat of Phoenix and back to the East Coast.

As soon as we arrived, I decided to talk a walk around Philly. My first stop was to West Philadelphia, to see where the Fresh Prince was born and raised. After getting robbed twice within the span of an hour, by the same old lady, I can see why he moved to Bel-Air.

My next stop on my tour of Philly was to buy a cheesesteak. Much to my shock, who did I find behind the counter at the cheesesteak place, but Kaz Matsui! Through his translator, who was working the fry machine, Kaz told me that the Colorado Rockies traded him to Johnny's Cheesesteaks for a combo to be named later. I was glad to see his career finally taking off but when he messed up my order (I told you no hot peppers, Kaz!), I had to complain to the manager. The cheesesteak place's manager was stunned at Kaz's ineptitude in making my sandwich. He explained to me that the first cheesesteak Kaz made was the best cheesesteak ever, but ever since then, he's messed up every order. I suggested firing and then re-hiring him, so hopefully that'll work out well for Johnny's and Kaz. (On a related note, who is this Eli Marrero guy? I think he may be a nephew of one of the Three Tenors. I might make him the official clubhouse singer.)

Okay well tomorrow we've got Tommy going against the Phillies. He's had an extra day of rest, so I'm pretty certain I can get 200-300 pitches out of him. I mean everyone says he's old at 40, but Social Security only starts paying out at 65, so I think Tommy's got a good twenty years left on that mound. Let's go Mets!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    way to scope out enemy territory before the series. right on, willie.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Willie, what did you say to Lastings when he failed to score???

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Toasty Joe said…

    Willie, you gotta post what you said to Lastings in the dugout after his baserunning mistake. Please don't let your loyal fans down!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home