Willie's World

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm Steamed

Hi Met fans, Willie here. No "What's up" today, I'm not in a good mood. Not only did we lose to a garbage rookie on a garbage team, but I got thrown out of the game! A lot of people have asked what the conversation between the umpire and me was like, so here's a re-creation of it from the best of my memory:

Me (from the dugout): C'mon, Ump! That was a strike!
David Wright (next to me, whispering): You mean a ball...
Me: I meant a ball! That was a ball dammit!
Umpire: Shut up Willie!
Me: Don't you tell me to shut up, you're not my momma or Joe Torre! You look like a baboon!
Umpire: Alright that's it, you're outta there!
Me: Out of where?
Umpire: The game! I'm ejecting you!
Me: What??! (At this point, I leave the dugout and go face-to-face with the umpire) How can you throw me out of the game? First of all, that pitch was clearly a strike.
David Wright (yelling from the dugout): BALL!
Me: That pitch was clearly a ball! And second of all, if I give you a coupon to Subway will you let me back in the game?
Umpire: Subway sucks!

At this point, I lost my temper Met fans, and the rest of the conversation is not fit for print. Let's just say I'm furious, especially since Subway was ranked #4 out of all chain restaurants in the National Chain Restaurant Association 2005 Survey of Customer Preference. I think #4 certainly does not suck.

On to the baseball game. I had read all over the internet that many Met fans believe that rookie pitchers like Mike O'Connor tend to shut us down. So I gave our team a pregame pep talk telling them to mail it in, because our fans expect us to lose, and dammit I want our team to meet and even exceed their expectations. And boy did the guys exceed expectations! Even I did not expect that level of incompetence in our batting! We definitely made that guy look like a Cy Young winner. I'll be sure to keep tabs on him next year when I'm sure he'll be looking for a position as shift manager at a Subway in his hometown.

Today's another day as they say, and Pittsburgh is coming in with their own crappy young pitcher. Perhaps another pep talk is in order...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if you started jose valentin at 1B, maybe he wouldnt go 0-4 with 2K like our pansy starting 1B. i say you bench delgado.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    also, i cant believe you didnt bring in victor zambrano from this thing called a 'bullpen' when john maine was clearly struggling. you suck.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u should have pinch hit for pedro in the 3rd inning when there were runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home